Manchester United are keeping an eye on Sporting Lisbon striker

Papers: Reds eye Ricky

Ricky van Wolfswinkel The Daily Mail reports...
United keeping tabs on Van Wolfswinkel Manchester United are keeping an eye on Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel. The 22-year-old Dutch striker only joined in the summer from FC Utrecht but has scored six goals in seven games. He would cost United around £11million.
The Guardian reports that Sir Alex Ferguson has sent a letter to all United fans who have tickets for the Liverpool game on 15 October, urging them to "respect the stewards and follow ground regulations". The Reds boss says: "Despite intense lobbying by the club on your behalf, there will only be just over 1,900 United fans at Anfield. We can't allow this situation to continue. I've said many times that your support is a vital part of our success and, trust me, the players do notice when your numbers are cut."
The Mirror claims Paul Scholes may "abandon his fledgling coaching career". "I’ve started my badges - whether I finish them is another question," he is quoted as saying. "If I feel I can succeed and be half decent, I’ll carry on. If I feel I don’t think it’s the thing for me and I won’t be any good at it, I won’t pursue it. I don’t want to be just average at it."
Stewart Downing is targeting his first Liverpool goal against the champions, saying in The Sun: "Maybe that will happen against Man United — that would be perfect."
The Telegraph states England coach Fabio Capello is considering picking Phil Jones alongside John Terry against Montenegro on Friday.


Round Up By James Tuck